Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

signs of hibernation?

In a few days I will be one month removed from my PR in the marathon. Where am I now? Well, I took almost a full week off, ran a few times, had a Birthday, became a little sick, and now am looking at another week of low mileage. Is this out of plan? No. You see, after the marathon, I had planned to take December as easily as I wanted in an effort to keep the running casual, if I felt like running at all!

The weather is and has been gross the last few days. Typical of December. Charlotte isn't fortunate enough to be pretty with white snow. We just get grey wetness. The kind of weather that encourages slothly behavior. Now since it's almost been a full week since I have run, I am feeling the itch for exercise! I think tonight I shall attempt a jaunt...how long? That will probably be entirely dictated in my present state once I am out and moving.

But catching us up on the last few excursions...

Wed (11/30):  Linked up with David and ran a new route. The pace was easy and light, and the new route was a nice combination of familiar streets, and a couple new over in the Southpark area. Here is the Garmin details: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/131955283
Time: 40:19
Miles: 5.36
Pace: 7:31

Thur (12/1): My last run as a 27 year old. This time I took Avery with me in the jogging stroller. The jogging stroller is a gift I got last Christmas, and have just now began to use. I am starting to enjoy it. I find the run is made easier for those days when you need to reel back the pace and let your legs rest. Also, my daughter loves it! It's also a nice treat for Mom where she won't feel dumped on with the baby just because I have to go get my run in.
Miles: 3.44
Time: 27:20
Pace: 7:57

Monday (12/5): Took Avery for a quick run/walk spin around the block.
Miles: 1
Time: ?



No comments:

Post a Comment