Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

dont fall apart on me tonight

as Bob Dylan is one of my all time favorite singer songwriters, and i guess overall people, considering what he has shared and given to the world, the title above is a very nice song from 1983 that he played with another of my favorite artists on, Mark Knopfler. I was playing it tonight while feeding the last bottle of the night to our 1 month old baby girl, not only singing along, but also singing it to her with the hopes that she would obey the commands in order to give us a peaceful night, which has not really been the case since she arrived in this world, as it is with most newborns.

i rearranged the desk to how i like it, for the first time since we have been in this house, and now with the new computer, i am once again beckoned to type some keys on this here blog.

Since my last post, I purchased a watch. Kind of big news, with it being one of the staples with runners, the fact that I haven't worn one in 3 years - let alone almost 6 with one that was a gps watch, and since my second to last post was ABOUT watch-less running! suppose that may have been a subconscious signal that I was changing.

Naturally, I've been quite inquisitive and curious to run again with a time piece, and with this one being......a gps watch with the latest features for the runner, even all the more so. As would indicate, the last few weeks, despite adding a newborn baby, my running has been pretty consistently frequent. of course I can tell you, given the ease of data, about 20 miles a week with about 4 runs in a 7 day period. It's getting hot, and my energy is sometimes lower and just different with going through the changes, the speeds aren't dramatically dropping - yet they are going down (faster). So all of that playing into the mix, I am not displeased.

As i wrap this blog up, it bookends nicely with the current song playing behind me, Baby, Stop Cryin from an album previous to the opening paragraph's, 1978 Street Legal- which ALSO double bookends Bob's evangelical christian trio of albums from 1979 and 81 (also good albums), with the hopes for tonight's slumber while one month old daughter optimistically snoozes the night away.

this was a nice little post - i have more to say about running, much to begin and continue a hopeful usage of writting for what i enjoy the well being and settling nature of it, introspectively. it's kind of creative and meditative. and helpful and a staple in running like the watch...a runners log.

No comments:

Post a Comment