Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

goin' racin'

since my last post, I have only raced once: The Rock N Run 5k back in the latter part of August. (actually referring to the last post, I did race the 5k at McAlpine in May...19:33). I managed to stay under 20 mins (19:47), but it wasn't very pretty. However, I have not really been doing much this summer running wise - so it's not a surprise.

The last couple months though I have started to pick up my frequency (3 runs a week-ish), but have turned towards the Track for a good portion of those runs. Once or twice a week I have found myself doing some light to medium workouts at shorter distances around the oval. I'ts been fun to rebuild some speed, and change things up.

I always enjoyed running track more than the next runner, and I plan on keeping it up ever how long I desire. I think it started when I wanted to resume activity coupled with some of my summer readings about the great track teams of Oregon during the Bowerman years. I definitly would recommend his biography written my Kenny Moore.

Anyway, I'll be racing at the 1st annual Showmars 5k this Saturday, and we'll see how some of those speed workouts translate into a 3.1 mile race. 

1 comment: