Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Final Long Run

Welp, here we are. Less than 1 week away from the marathon. It's nice to look back and see all the work put in over the last 18 weeks, and relish the excitement building up to the race. Such attention running a marathon garners (I suppose the first few anyway) from friends and family; I guess that is part of the fruits of the labor. Anyway I am trying to be in the moment, and enjoy this time before the race. Soon it will be over, and be only a memory. Speaking of which, I was commenting to Katie the other day how I really feel like the days just fly by. Perhaps the winter months make the days seem even shorter, but when I get off work, run, and lay around for a bit during the week, I find myself in bed thinking "here we are, another day gone, another day in the morning." I digress...

So, after waiting 10 minutes by my clock, I figured Dave wasn't coming since he is never late (and also because I didn't have my phone, wondered if he assumed a different entrance to McAlpine), and decided to start the run. The route was just out to Harris and back for 8 miles total. Some nice symmetry where the long runs of this training phase have been bookend by a couple of 8 milers. Funny how much easier this one felt, not to mention about 60 degrees cooler as well!

As I was just heading back from the turnaround post, Dave passed me and I waited a couple of minutes for him to catch up so we could finish our run together. We averaged around 730's for the last 4 miles, while I would say (since I left my watch at home) my first 4 miles were in the 740s.

The legs felt fine once again, and the pace seemed comfortable. Just bidding my time until Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment