Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Time to get back in shape!

Maybe I'm a sucker for pain - or just lazy. But at least I come back to it. Most people swear getting in shape is the hardest part, but it seems like I tend to "get in" shape an awful lot for being one who runs kind-of-sort-of often. Hey, at least I keep coming back to it!

I ran 3 miles with David at Freedom park. The goal was to stay in shape, post marathon, but with my knee injury I really haven't run at all since then (basically)! I tested out my knee about 2 weeks after my race (around mid March), and the pain was so bad I knew I couldn't keep running for a while. After going to the DR. a week or so after that, I was told to keep off my feet for a few more weeks. So when a break from running turned into more than a month - I was officially back to being a lazy bum - or just not running if that makes you feel better.

So, other than a 2 mile run last week - this was pretty much the first run (over 20 mins) of substance since the 'thon, coming more than 3 months later. At least now the knee seems to be fully healed.

Really, I just was getting tired of not feeling like I was working my body out, and thus I was finding myself sleeping lighter and falling asleep later. I missed the feeling of exercise, and sleeping like a rock at night. That, as well as needing to tone my body up for the beach this summer (haha!), and the need to get back to the gym so I won't get upset at the amount of money the YMCA collects off my non use, has got me back on the groove of shaping up again.

I am going to try and stay relatively consistant with getting back in decent running shape, as well as trying to hit the gym a couple times a week to get some muscle back and to work out the legs to keep the injury bug at bay.

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 23.56
Pace: 8 min +

1 comment:

  1. Good deal bossman! Glad to hear you are back at it! Take it nice and slow and work that knee back into full action. Good running into you at the Wachovia Tourney last month. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete