Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

A beautiful start to the year, with temps in the 60s and sunshine!

Set out for my run after the Panthers loss to the Saints, and was on my neighborhood streets by 4:30pm. Was going to do an out and back towards Huntingtown Farms, but kept going down Park Rd, heading south, and decided to cross the street and dip into a neighborhood across from HTown Farms. Whistlestop Rd., lead me out onto Sharon, directly across from the Olde Georgetown neighborhood. Realizing where I was, I decided to make a left and loop it back down Sharon onto Sulkirk, and back into HTown where I could head home.

Wanted to hit 10+ miles earlier in the day, but as I started my run, I realized maybe I should just take it up to an hour for my "long run." I hadn't gone over 7 miles since the marathon, and I haven't gone longer than 50 minutes on my feet. Okay, an hour would be fine. The loop worked out perfectly too, in getting me almost exactly 8 miles.

The run was nice. Got to clear my head and reflect on last year some, but mainly think about the upcoming year. I'm hoping to put in a few good months of running, where I can look to PR in Boston this April.

Today's Run:
1:01:30 Time
7.99 Miles
7.42 Pace

Think I'll be looking to get some new shoes this week. My legs felt fine, just not real snappy. That's okay, I figure they have gotten some rust and dullness due to the lazy December. I'll be shaking that off here soon enough!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/138119414

No comments:

Post a Comment