Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Where were we...?

Jan 18th, Wednesday:
After some days rest, went back at it with a great run. After an easy mile to start, notched it up a little bit because my legs were feeling pretty good. With bursts of speed and then backing off - repeat, I hit the second mile in 6:48. Over the next 5 miles I would throw in surges and relax - repeat, and clicked off some decent miles: 6:53, 6:29, 6:39, 6:36, 6:28. Here, I was running well because my legs felt nice, had my iphone in with some great music, and enjoying the beautiful dusk and nice temperatures. Closed with a slower .4 of a mile at just under 7, and then called it a run. Prob could have benefited from a cool down, but what are you gonna do....
Miles: 7.4
Pace: 6.47
Time: 50:10

Jan 19th, Thursday
Next day hit up an easy recovery run with David over in Madison park.
Miles: 4.14
Pace: 7.48
Time 32.16

Jan 21st, Saturday:
Set out from Woodlawn by Selwyn on a grey wet morning where the pace was relaxed. My legs felt pretty heavy and stiff, perhaps a result of Wednesdays run and not giving them a proper cool down. Anycase, I was able to loosen up after 4-5 miles and get comfortable where the pace dropped to a couple mid 7s.
Miles: 8.65
Time: 1.07.55
Pace: 7:51

Week recap - 20.19 on three days

Jan 24th, Tuesday
Again, after some rest days, was able to have another good run with some faster stuff. The first mile I felt pretty tight and didn't think I could pull off anything quick, but after a mile and a half of easy running around 8 mins, I ratcheted up a bit. Kind of like last week, worked on various surges for the next couple miles, while backing off and slowing it down before the next random flurry. Saw splits of 6:49 and 6:48 here. Going into the next mile, I kept my surge going, as I was trodding downhill a bit and looked at my watch and realized I was under 6 min pace. Decided to make it a full mile of a surge and stay under 6. Worked out fine. Was focusing on form and economy, and it didn't feel too taxing at all. Split 5.43. Nice to have something like that under my belt, and a good confidence builder too. After that, cooled down better than last week, and ran over 8 min pace for almost a mile.
Miles: 5.5
Time: 39.15
Pace: 7:10

No comments:

Post a Comment