Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

catchin' us up

Well I finally got a Garmin watch. So far I've enjoyed it.

Listening to some Game R.E.D. album while I type here. Daddy fat stacks, big boi...aka ATLiens, let's go Braves! Get that wild card <---current song

sorry...

Tuesday (9/20) night I went out into the night with my new Garmin, since I had to watch for it to charge, the darkness all around...and let my feet dictate a new path. Rode Archdale up Park to Selwyn and went around Montford back up Seneca and home for 6.26 mi  check it out

Thursday (9/22) morning I got up, asked the receptionish about some local trails down the way from Asheville. Found Mills Creek North of Henderson in the Pisgah National Forest. Couldn't find any trails other than small paved Camp Site roads. Got on the "main" camp site road leading out the other way from the Parking Lot and it turned into a gravel road heading up the hill/mtn. Kept going, past some campsites as I climbed, then past the creeks rushing, and up into the mist/clouds, cloked humid heavy air. I got sweaty as hell, but I kept climbing, and noticed I was running some 8:30 into 9+ min miles, but I wanted to climb until I got to the top of the distance on my watch read "4.0 miles". Hit it and turned around, and road some nice downhill 6:30 miles. Kept the distance going after I got to the bottom. 15k   9.3mi    check it OUT Look at the Elevation GAIN

Saturday (9/24) my legs were treated to a nice flat recovery slow run around Oxford, MS before the gameday. Felt slow until the 4th mile or so, and just rode it out 5.62 mi

(28 miles for the week)

----
Tuesday (9/27) after FULL Recovery from the festivities of Ole Miss, I ran with David and felt really light and rusty. Also, my Garmin died so I had no watch. Other than that, I didn't care about pace - just wanted to run 10 or so with David if I felt alright. Guess my legs felt fresh after the days off and recovery run, cuz we started off low to mid 7 pace according to David. We just made a big loop around where we live around the southpark area. He gave me the time and distance when i parted and according to him, we clipped:

10.25 miles
in 7.22 pace

Wednesday (9/28) streak of 2 days, and I felt pretty hurry to get it over combined by just running some recovery miles (4.09) which didn't feel as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment