Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Conquering Run

If you know me, you would know that going to bed by 10 on Saturday, waking up at 7 to go run on Sunday, and doing it all to be outside in 19 degrees to get in a long run is all something I would never typically do. However, since I got to bed early, I made up my mind - out of desperation since my training has gotten so soft. I needed this run, to keep my spirits going as I continue to "train" for Boston.

And running with a great group was very awesome. Made the run go by so quick, the pace seem so comfortable, and was amazing to get it out of the way for the day.

We started off with our slowest mile at 7:30, and then were pretty much off. Not that we were trying to hammer, just that it was cold, the pack was large, and the runners are talented. Was able to hold on and not feel too taxed.

Longest run since Thunder Road '11, and pleased with the effort.

Miles: 12.1
Time: 1:26:05
Pace: 7:07

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/149093901

Week in Review: 24 miles on 3 days. One medium slow, one short, and one long at medium pace

1 comment:

  1. Yeesh, now I'm glad I didn't go. Although, when it's that cold out, ya gotta run faster!

    ReplyDelete