Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

looking towards the race tomorrow

It can be summarized that I have averaged 20 miles a week so far in 2012. And this week I have run a total of 6 miles on two runs around 8:45 pace. I don't know what all that means, other than my training has been slack. But I look at it like this: I'm fine with it.

I hope I can run faster than last year, but I really have no idea how my legs are going to respond. I should be pretty fresh. Just looking forward to racing for the first time since Nov. last year.

Tonight going to Olive Garden where I'll get to use a gift card and eat a good pre race meal. Looking to probably have a glass of Pinot Noir, some sort of marana based sauce, and perhaps some chicken. Some declicious "never ending breadsticks" and salad will accompany that, along with my gorgeous wife.

Then, I see myself flipping on Netflix, catching a couple episodes of Arrested Development, and turning in early with Katie.

Get up around 8 (if Avery lets us sleep that late), grab some grub and hit the road, where I'll arrive at Catawba College a little after 9. Should be able to get my race packet by 930, and then proceed to jog around for 5-10 mins at 8+ min per mile pace. Then, I'll take the line and get ready for the gun.

I'll probably get out quick and force myself to settle in, looking at my watch and realizing I'm not going as fast as I thought, but still come through the first mile in 6:10. I'll see Jason and Mitchell and maybe Baum ahead of me, but I'll wait. Try and stay even the second mile, but maybe put a little move on the first long hill.
Would like to stay around 6-610 for the first 3 miles, and then get to 555-6 for the 4th mile. Then, I'm hoping I can muster a 5:50 last mile.

We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment