Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Two for the road

Tuesday, Feb. 14th:  EASY RUN. I made love to this run. No. But it was understood I was going to get a run in after work before date night with wifey. This one was smooth as silk. Ran with music and it helped pass the time. I kept the pace easy, slow, and smooth. The hills behind my neighborhood still are no walk in the park.

Miles: 6.3
Time: 49:48
Pace: 7.54

Thursday, Feb. 16th: TRACK WORKOUT. First time since last fall. Craving some speed and turnover. The weather was humid, 50's, foggy, steamy, and perfect. Ran with Jason Blackwood at Marion Diehl track after work.
Workout: 6x600m with 2 min rest. Goal: 2:05 (5:35 pace) and faster, without feeling like im gunning the whole time. Not too tall an order.
    2:04, 2:05, 2:03, 2:02, 1:58, 1:45
Only the last one did I really go hard. And that's about as hard as I can go right now (4:40 pace). It felt fun and something fresh. I'd like to visit the track again soon to keep working on my speed.
  With warm up and cool down for the day got in...
Miles: 7



No comments:

Post a Comment