Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy March 1st 2012

Picking off where I left off.....

After a great Sunday run on the 19th of Feb., I got up Monday the 20th and flew to L.A. for the week for work. I didn't run monday, giving the legs a rest. Tuesday I thought about running before my first appointment in the morning, but relished the sleep and comfort of my hotel bed instead. Wednesday, I finished my lunch meeting, then found some time to get in a few miles, once I set up shop over at my buddy Chirs Bohle's house in Venice Beach.

Wed., 2/22/12
Too excited to go far, and wanting to spend some time with Chris before I had to get to my next meeting for the day (the Clippers game over at Staples Center), I managed to only log a few miles. Ran up the beach bath to the Santa Monica pier and back. Just casual pace/legs feeling a bit fatigued. My watch was dead, and thus my mileage, time, and pace is all a guess
Miles: 3~

Thur, 2/23/12
Still waking up early given the time difference, I awoke to make it a little further this time down the beach and north towards Santa Monica. Instead of staying on the beach bath, I sauntered up the roads and rose in elevation as I passed the pier, and paralled the streets of SM. Made it, in my guess, about 2.25 miles before I turned around. Pace, again, was casual and easy.
Miles: 4.5~

After flying home Friday, I found myself getting in and heading back out, this time with my wife and daughter - who i was very happy to seee -, to watch my Moms championship basketball game. She is the coach of this small private school in Charlotte for the highschool girls.

Sat., 2/25/12
My legs still feeling a bit tired, but managed to go a little farther, and get some more "Shake out" as I started prepping mentally for my long run the next morning. My garmin was back. Just ran along the neighborhood streets.
Miles: 5.1
Time: 40.58
Pace: 8:03

Sun, 2/26/12
For the third Sunday morning in a row I met a group of runners at the Old Bell entrance to McAlpine park for a long run. The pace was a little faster this time, and I successfully achieved my goal of getting in 14 miles - my longest yet of the year. The pace was just dictated by the large group of quality runners, and me not wanting to fall off. Useually long runs are supposed to be slower, but with my lack luster training in the week, I don't feel this does anything BUT help me!
Miles: 14
Time: 1:39:35
Pace: 7:06

Week: 26.6~ miles for the week. 4 days running. 3 easy and short days, 1 pretty good long run.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Monday, Feb. 27th, I rested.

Tue, 2/28/12
Legs were feeling a little tired, but not too bad really. Pace was comfortable, and I kept it easy and light. Again, I'm embracing the recovery days, and after my last run on Sunday, I needed to. Ran the standard loop through Huntingtown  Farms
Miles: 7.8
Time: 1:01:08
Pace: 7:51

Wednesday - Had something pop up after work, and thus my day was shot...so, no run.

Thursday (today) March, 1st - hoping to get in some quicker running tonight, but it might be a little late. We will see what happens.
Time:

No comments:

Post a Comment