Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

exploring the territory

The runs started out as 4 mile loops around Montclair - the neighborhood bordered by Archdale, Tyvola, Park, and South Blvd. They progressed to 6-7 mile loops venturing into Madison Park, the neighborhood to the North across Tyvola. Today I needed some new scenery, so I decided to cross Archdale and run into Starmount.

My legs felt kind of dead...not hurting, just not real responsive to anything quick for almost the entire run. Running in new territory always kind of throws me off on my internal map, so I feel like the run is taking longer than normal. Around mile 5 I was feeling like I should be done, also my legs were feeling like they were about ready to call it a day. Since I wasn't hurting though, I pushed on - and the last mile I forced the pace...which wasn't saying much since for 6 miles I was running close to 750-8 min pace. I closed solidly, and was glad I logged 7.4 for the day.

One thing about Starmount is that it is hillier than MontClair. I enjoyed that part of it. I only ran around about half of it, so there is more roads to blaze later on.

Miles: 7.4
Time: 58 mins
Pace: 7.50

No comments:

Post a Comment