Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Marathon training to date

So far I have been pleased with my commitment and dedication to this point. I'm trying to be realistic about my training, as I balance a full time job requiring over night out of town travel almost every week (luckily not much over the Holiday season) and husband responsibilities.

My major goals for this marathon are: 1.) Finish 2.) Be in good enough shape to "enjoy" the experience, and 3.) To train wisely so I stay injury free.

My legs were going to have to get used to running regularly again. The first two weeks I started slowly at about 20-25 miles each week and was feeling good. After two weeks my legs were killing me and I realized this was nothing to be alarmed about, just my bodies way of telling me they were kind of in shock. I took a few days off while I was out in Los Angeles, and ever since then I haven't felt over strained.

I hoped in the Turkey Trot after about 4 weeks of training just to kind of take inventory of how my endurance and fitness was coming around. I surprised myself with a time of 31: 33 for the 5 miles course. Having heard that the most important part of marathon training is the long run, I have been diligent for the most part of making sure I get in a quality LRs - and have built up to 12 miles thus far.

Marathon training to date, I have been totaling weekly mileage starting around 20 the first week to hopefully 45-50 after this week

No comments:

Post a Comment