Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Little Sugar Creek Greenway venture

Time: 1hr 3min (aprrox.)
Distance: 8.5 (approx.)
Pace 7:24 (approx.)


One of the cool things about running, to me, is that you get to "explore" your surroundings at the same time. Having moved less than 6 months ago to Montclaire neighborhood, and only serioulsy running for a couple months, there are still many places I am exploring and discovering. Starting out as little 2,3, and 4 miles loops around my immediate neighborhood, the runs have naturally progressed to 6,7, and 8 miles adventures.

I've grown my "loops" and "out-and-backs" to the adjacent neighborhood Madison Park, and yesterday I took my route over to the Greenway near Park Rd. shopping center that feeds into Freedom Park.



Before I left work yesterday, I went to mapmyrun to see how far from home I would need to go on the Greenway before I had to turn around to accuratly log in 8.5 miles for the day. It had me going to East Blvd and back, which is nice because that is a good turn around point.

The run started out slow and easy, as they have been lately, and I was covered in full winter running gear. I probably didn't have to run in the pants, and I even thought that when I run in them I always feel slow...but I wasn't cold! It must have been low 40s and high 30s when I was finished.

Around mile 5 I started to feel quicker and lighter so I let my legs open up, and I finished the run solidly. I really hope that soon my legs start responding ealier, but I guess with training for a marathon I need to be patient, and if I'm starting to feel good in mile 4 or 5 that is not that long into a run anyway. Still, once I get a couple more weeks of solid base, I'll hope to get quicker with some more focused "workout" type runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment