Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 20, 2009

past a half

Miles: 14
Time: 1:45:00
Pace: 7:30

Week: 48


Today's run finally felt like I was actually training for something longer than I have ever done before. Although it was not the longest run I have completed in my life, it was top 3. The 13-14 miles I was going to attempt this afternoon ended up being 14 give or take a little bit for human calculations, which I was happy. Again, I am mapping out runs on the Internet and looking at kitchen clocks to calculate my runs. Although the only real figuring out I had to do today was determine the distance from my parents house to the green way.

After visiting my parents church, Katie and I came back to their house and had eggs, biscuits, bacon, hash browns, and juice. Delicious! While I was digesting my food, I played my Dad in a couple games of ping pong, and kept his streak alive of him never losing to me. One day. One day...




I did an out and back, and ran from home onto the greenway, into McAlpine park, did the course, and then ran to Old Bell parking lot and back. Added on the last mile of the 5k course before getting back on the greenway and coming home. I had a pack of powerbar gel in my shorts, which I bought last night while at the mall Christmas shopping to try and see what it was like, and found that I couldn't take it all since I didn't have water. I think I don't need to experiment anymore with it, but I could feel that it did give some pop back into my legs the last few miles.

I started out slow, never was hurting, and maintained until about 8 miles and then began to naturally accelerate the pace. Averaged about 7:30 pace. This gave me my highest weekly mileage by about 15 miles. 48 for the week. A few more of these and I'll be ready for the marathon. 2 months to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment