Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

400's and a Bobcats loss

Miles:3
Workout: 1 mile warm up, 4x400, 1 mile cool down.

Not having run since last Saturday, and not having gone more than 5 miles in 9 days, I decided to get in some 400s on the track near our house. Smith middle school is right on Tyvola near our neighborhood so I ran there and proceeded to get some turn over with some quarters.

Splits on the track were: 75, (1:30 rest); 74 (1:40): 76 (1:30); 66

The weather was very cold, and I am still not 100 percent healthy. It's been over a week where I have had a sore throat and feeling run down. One thing I am trying to do this week is good at least 8 hours of sleep a night, and so far I have. I just want to be feeling great come Sunday morning at the starting line.

This was also the first run outside in 8 days. The others, as you can see by the posts below have been on the treadmill. I have been trying to stay out of the cold weather because I've been sick, and today I can tell that it does make a difference, by me feeling lousy on the run.



Anyway: We went to the Bobcats game last night and they lost to the worst team in the NBA. You can see a post on it on my friend Josh's blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment