Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

last run in Charlotte (B4 the marathon)

Miles: 4
Time: 28.28
Pace: 7:07

It was cold outside and sunny, so with headband, gloves, long sleeve T and shorts I opted for my standard 4 mile route around our neighborhood as my final run before Katie and I take off to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow.

Went through the first mile in 7.06 and was feeling good. The idea was just a final easy jaunt before leaving tomorrow. I wanted to shake out any soreness from yesterday, and keep the legs feeling fresh. The pace seemed easy, and the second mile I split 7:12. Clicked off 7:15 and 6:51 for the final two miles.

The negative thing about today's run is my continuing nagging knee. It just won't seem to go away completly. Today it was pretty bothersome. I iced it afterwards and hope that it will not play a big factor on Sunday's race.

No comments:

Post a Comment