Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week in Review: 15

Miles: 17.4
Days run: 4

This week I basically felt sick the entire week. Not great timing as the Marathon is a week from today, but also at least I'm on the taper phase. The mileage would have been arounud 25 had I stuck to plan, but after Saturday's knee flair up and general inability to shake my "sickness" I just took it off. I don't know if I'll make up the 8 mile run as I only have 6 days now until my Marathon, but I'm still hoping the training I did earlier will carry me through.

As the training has wound down - I am able to look at it from a broader scope than I could before, and I am proud of what I did do. As I progressed, my intensity become greater and expectations formulated in my head, but from the beginning I look at my goals (1. Stay Healthy, Injury Free, obtain fitness to "enjoy" the experience) and I am satisfied as I believe I have attained all of those.

There are always going to be set backs, but it's good to keep things in perspective. The build up has been very worthwhile and has aligned me with focus, perserverence, and dedication - traits that had not been centered in my life for a while. I am looking forward to this week and soaking up all that it has to offer. I can't wait to travel with my wife, see South Florida, embrace warm weather, see a good old friend, partake in the race expo and festivites, and go through all the emotions, thouoghts and feelings of the 26.2 miles next Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy it all bud, best sense of accomplishment ever in life is crossing that finish line NO matter what the clock time says You'll do awesome kid! Which Marathon is it again; will try to track you online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate it - a1a in Ft. Lauderdale.

    ReplyDelete