Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 7, 2010

week 14 review

Miles: 27.4
Days ran: 4

On the downhill side of my 20 mile run from last week, this was the first week of taper. Although I didn't plan on having such a light week, I still feel okay as I put together a nice run today. Only area I wish I didn't lag on was getting in another day of running so I would have been in the mid 30's for the week - making not such a dramatic decrease from week 13 to 14 in total mileage. (53 to 27!!)

The good news is, with any luck, I can still run a good marathon if I am totally fresh and have a great day. I think that could be a big boost, rather than the chance of not feeling fresh enough. As coach Curcio use to say, "the hay is in the barn." Hoping the hay won't go bad by the time the barn doors open Feb. 21st 6am in Ft. Lauderdale!

No comments:

Post a Comment