Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cool wet weather was welcomed!

Time: 1.35.16
Miles: 13
Pace: 7.20

What a wonderful run. Just when I was getting a little discouraged with the runs, I can only feel that a break from the heat attributes to better runs (faster) more than I realized. Didn't make it out to McAlpine, so I chose to run all around the neighborhoods to log 13 for the day. Immediatly, as I came through the first mile in 7.34, I could tell that the run was going to be pretty good. With overcast cools skies, and a steady mist/sprinkle for the first half of the run, the weather was more than ideal for a quality long run. Feeling comfortable from the get go - and being that I wasn't running my longest run - I decided to hang on to the natural pace for the first 9 miles. With 4 miles to go, I had enough in the tank to try and pick it up for the last 4, and was able to average 6.56 pace for those last miles. The effort to get under 7 wasn't all out - maybe 85%, so I was upbeat at where my training has gotten to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment