Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A little bit of speed

Probably not the best idea to dive into 800s after only 3 weeks back into running, but with a 5k on Saturday I wanted to get some turnover more than I wanted to be prudent.

David and I met at AG Bell track afterwork, and set off for an approx. 1.5 mile warmup. As we were lining up at the start of the track, I thought I'd like to hit 245 for the first of 4 800s, and see what that felt like. It didn't feel too bad. Wanted to have a break of 1:30-2 mins, jogging 200 meters.

I was able to hit negative splits, and felt pretty good about the workout. It wasn't too grueling, yet still it was rewarding given the short rest, and adjustment to turnover.

When we finished, we cooled down for about a mile and a half again.

Splits: 248, 245, 243, 237
Rest: 154, 151, 154
Total Miles: 5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment