Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

steady as she goes

It's a common phrase, a song's title, an expression I heard in conversation today, and a description of the pace.

Felt real sluggish and malnourished going into the run, but I was able to get some peanut butter and honey crackers in right before to give me a little boost. David came over, and we set out to run the loop that is about a quarter mile under 8. I used to call it 8, but after several varifications from David's garmin - the distance is about 7.75. We came through the first mile in 7:34, and that was the magic number for the day as 5 of the miles hit that time exactly. The loop is pretty hilly, as I'm sure my loyal readers know, so it was pretty cool to see us hold that pace. Felt a little awkwardness in the right knee, but it wasn't discomft - so just something to stay aware of.

Splits: 732, 735, 723 (Colchester's downhill), 734, 733, 734, 724, 5.20 (.75)
Time: 57.58
Pace: 7.28
Miles: 7.75

No comments:

Post a Comment