Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

keeping my word

I really didn't want to get up to run. I know I say stuff like that a lot, but this blog is my reflection of my running - so I'll keep it honest. It mainly stems from morning running. I just dread it, but I was happy I gave my word to Mike Mitchell the night before because wanting to honor that is what got me out the door. Despite my mind while I wake up in bed, I am ALWAYS feeling better on a morning run as opposed to an evening run (Assuming I didn't party harty the night before).

We met at Old Bell at 8am and started off with the "old bell hill loop." I thought it would be sick to start off with some hills, and cover some ground before we got on the trails in an effort to minimize re-tracing our steps. The pace started off pretty easy, and a few miles in we found a nice rythem. The temp was not high, humidity was still a factor though. We clicked off some nice miles at the end as we kept building our pace.

My legs didn't have trouble in going for the furthest run of 2011, and that is a good take away. After the run though, my legs were dunzo and it wasn't until I napped that they felt better.

Distance: < 12
Time: 1.27.32
Pace: 7.20-25

Accomplished my goal of 35+ miles , with 37 for the week. Off 5 runs. 1 LR and one Track W/O.

Goal for this week: Speed work (800-200s), 40+ week

No comments:

Post a Comment