Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

effort scale

I was thinking about this while on my run. on a scale of 1-10 I can pretty much break down my runs for the week into a few different groups, based on effort with 1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest.

Saturday: 4-6 (easy to just middle of the road for something shorter than next days long run)/ Saturday Race: 8-10 (Hopefully I am able to tap out a 10, but getting all the juice out of the lemon doesn't always happen).
Sunday: 4-6 (keeping the same effort, but increase on the miles...long run).
Monday: 3-5 (recovering from the Long Run and or Race)
Tuesday: 4-6 (just an honest effort here, easy but can go over a "5")
Wednesday: 5-7 (I like to keep the pace quicker than the other easy runs and get my legs used to NOT always going easy and recovery-ish)
Thursday: 6-8 (workout of some sort. I don't want to dig too deep into the well on workouts, although you do want it to hurt. Save the 8-10 for races.)
Friday: 3-5 (easy recovery from workout).

Anyway this was the 5-7 deal, and I'd say this run was about a 7 on effort given I had to work hard for this with the heat.

Miles: 5.8
Time: 42.01
Pace: 7.13

MMR Link: map/stats

No comments:

Post a Comment