Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 24, 2011

pushing through

Saturday was an awesome day. Golf and pool party, and of course, beer. Sunday I was recovering, got to sleep in a little bit (8:45am), and layed low. I did go sit out by the pool in the afternoon, which was a suana. So after all that, I got back home from being at my in-laws, around 6:30pm. I was ready to attempt my long run. I decided on 9 miles, because I have done a few 8 milers recently, and just wanted to barely 1 up it.

The pace was slow from the beginning. Immediatly I felt fatigued. I tried to stay smooth and relaxed and just find a groove mentally where I could knock this out. I started off going up through Starmount, then came across the bridge to Huntingtown Farms, and down Park Rd to Park Rd. South where I got back on Old Reid Rd., and headed back towards Archdale. The last mile in Montclair to my house was measured at 8 min pace, and here I wanted to pull the plug, as I was 7 miles in and not feeling it. However I kept going and actually opened up a little bit on my stride. I kidn of got a second wind the last couple miles, and finished at about 9.3 miles for the night.

All said and done I was proud of myself for getting through it in the heat and after a weekend of fun.

Miles: 9.3
Time: 1.13.20
Pace: 7.53

For the week that put me at 31 miles and some change. Not bad for me, actually the most in a handful of weeks. 5 days of running and a workout and a long run. Sounds like legit training for once. We'll see how next week goes with a lot of travel across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment