Total Pageviews

Friday, October 21, 2011

old stomping grounds

This is the meat of the entry

In college, I never needed to run this far. Now, I have run both sections of Moses Cone carriage trails, but not both in the same run. Today, David and I attempted it with success.

We parked at Trout Lake Friday afternoon at 3pm on the dot, and set off for our 20 mile run.

Nicknames for parts of the trail back in college have stuck, and that is how I still refer to the different sections.

The run was beautiful, and such a treat. My legs cooperated for the most part, and I was able to get it all almost done. The last couple miles were kind of a slow death march, but I managed to keep running. When we got to the car, we were just over 19 miles, and I decided I was finished. I know I set out for 20, and came up short, but less than a mile with the work I had just completed, I was content to call it a day.

This run served as a great trail for hill training, strength, endurance, turnover, and mental toughness. Click the link above to see the garmin splits and elevation to get an idea.

19.08 miles
2:26:53 time
7:42 pace

tremendous eleavation

Miles for week: 49.39 (wanted to run Sunday, as that was the plan, in order to hit my highest mileage- but App State Homecoming got the better of me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment