Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 29, 2010

back to the Long Runs

Ran with Jason Blackwood and David out at McAlpine during the last part of the day, to try and stay as comfortable as possible in dealing with the summer weather. Lately, my runs have been an avenue in connecting with old friends (Mitchell/Blackwood), as well as spend quality time with those guys I still tend to see more regulary anyway (Brinkley/Oelz). Nothing says 'quality' like half naked, sweaty bodies side by side for an hour straight! HAHA.

Goal was to go for 8 miles - about 3 more than I have run so far. I could sense that point at which my legs were used to stopping, around mile 5, and from there it was just getting through it. The pace stayed comfortable, but my stomach did not. Defintily had some issues the last part of the run, but was able to manage it accordingly.

Tacking on the hill leading up to Boyce Park at the end was pretty tough, and with that we closed our run at almost 8 and a half.

Miles: 8.4
Time: 1.10.24
Pace: 8.22

After the run we all did 6 "striders", to work on turnover and loosen the legs up.

Week: 27 + miles

No comments:

Post a Comment