Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 19, 2010

run in the rain

Combining a couple runs in this post. I'm enjoying not feeling like I have to make a new post for each run, but when I do post I'll try and at least have a little recap of that run - for sake of the marathon running log.

Stayed at home, and once I hit the door I was out in the downpour and wet from the time i got out of my driveway. It has been a while since I ran in the rain, and I rather enjoyed it. With temperatures still in the mid 80's at least, the rain was not cold, and it felt good as it was not storming - just solid rain. Was debating on doing 3-4 miles, and decided to go for the latter. The weather was too ideal, and my pace was not too sluggish. Kept the pace between 7:45-8:00, and generally felt good most of the way. Concentrated on my posture and stride, and was able to turn over my legs a little better today.

Wednesday's run was a slower 4 miler - doing the common neighborhood loop from my house. No rain, and just hot temps. Pace was around 8:35-40, feeling tight and slow probably mainly from lifting legs on Tuesday. No pain though, so no problems.

3 comments:

  1. I just have to say, I am enjoying reading your blog! You probably don't know (or care haha) but I've taken up running...lead a mommy's group in Greenville called IronMommies..it started in Florida..we are doing a 5k on 9/11...This is all really new to me, but I am loving it! Why don't you think about doing a post like "the top 10 things a beginning runner should know" :)
    Congrats on the baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea! I think I can probably whip that up pretty soon. Good luck with your continued running! And thanks for giving my blog a read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you whip something up yet? Starting to panic as our 5k is on Saturday...I definitely don't think I prepared like I could! Anyway, I am about to do an embarrassing post on myself after this event on Saturday...Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete