Total Pageviews

Monday, August 30, 2010

easy recovery


I am thinking about doing a post on the importance of nutritional intake post run for improved recovery. I think because I have bought into that school of thought, my recovery run with Oelz and David at Freedom park surprised me after doing almost double my normal mileage, the day before.

Miles: 5.23
Time: 42.20
Pace: 8.05

Met at the Freedom Park entrance on Princeton around 6, and from there we hit the greenway on the south side, ran up to Selwyn, back down Queens and into the park again before tacking on a little extra to get us over 40 mins for the day.

My legs felt surprisingly good after my long run. I was expecting much rougher seas. It was a good run though with David and Oelz. We talked about all doing the Charlotte Marathon - and as I write this, we all have now signed up!

I talked to Mike Mitchell and he is signing up as well tonight. I got to say, I am pumped up now to have 3 good friends all investing into this experience. I know it will be rewarding, and something we can all look back on with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment