Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 2, 2011

first run back

Happy New Year to all! After 21 days of absolutely no running or exercise (since Thunder Road Marathon Dec. 11th) I found myself restless after the final Panthers loss of the season to the Falcons. With unseasonably warm temperatures outside, I was finally pulled to undertake my first run of 2011. Comfortable in shorts, and t-shirt, I ran from home and did the 4 mile Montclair loop. When you combine nice temperatures with the second day of people keeping to their resolutions, the neighborhood streets were full of people out on walks, jogs, and bike rides. Being in that company was nice, and so was just getting out and moving again. My body felt pretty tight, like a stiff jointed old tin man who was in desperate need of some oil. Aerobically I felt pretty good considering the lay off, and after clicking off my first mile in 8:13, I felt a LITTLE bit more comfortable. 4 miles was just right though, and hopefully I can continue from here and look at the local race calendar and pick something relatively soon that will give me some focus.

Miles: 4
Time: 32:57
Pace: 8:14

No comments:

Post a Comment