Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

stronger

Having run last Fri-Sun, I was pumped up to get a few good runs in during this week and keep this train moving. Having endured one of the coldest winters in Charlotte, seeing the temperature in the mid 40's was a little bit of a break. After I got home from work, around 5pm, I shortly thereafter set out for my longest run of 2011. I was going to aim for 35 minutes! What an accomplishment! haha - actually we had company coming over at 6, and since I didn't hit the door till 5:11 I knew I couldn't be out too long. Also, in an effort to try and keep my running going, I don't want to bring on burnout by upping my mileage too much too fast.

Of course, right when I set out for the run it started a light rain. Temps in the mid 40s is fine, but through in percipitation, and it's rather uncomfortable. Still, I knew I would be okay. The rain shifted to a dull mist, and from there on I was fine.

I started the run moving pretty well, probably around 730 pace, and during the slowest part - the middle - I was around 8 mins. I closed my last mile in 7:50. During the run, I found myself thinking about how I want to keep on running throughout the year, so I can hop in a variety of races, and not have to go through a long process of rebuilding.

Even though it's quickly approaching, I am looking to take part in the Winter Flight 8k. Despite not being anywhere near respectable race shape (by my standards), I enjoy the whole experience of a road race...and this is the oldest one in NC. I would love to check that race off my list. Lastly, it would do nothing but keep me in the direction I aim to go for 2011.

Miles: >4.5
Time: 34:48
Pace: ~7:50

No comments:

Post a Comment