Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Itching to increase the distance

While my buildup has been slow, my recent anxiousness to start logging more mileage has been spurred on in large part from reading Born to Run. If you haven't read that book, and you love running, I highly recommend it. "But you don't have to take my word for it" Lavar Burton, international superstar.




I really was thinking about my upcoming run while I was at the office, and even told Drew, my friend and colleague, that I was excited about getting my run in once I got home. Useually the joy is after the run, not before - so this was a nice feeling.

Came home, put on my running clothes and set out towards Huntingtown Farms, where, once I hit 22 minutes I was going to turn right around and come home. I picked it up a little on the way back, and focused on a smooth stride and getting back used to the hills that comes with running around where I live.

Miles: 5.5
Time: 43.13
Pace: 7.51

No comments:

Post a Comment