Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

Soaking up mountain trail running!

After the best night's sleep in 4 weeks, (hotel/first night away from newborn daughter, Avery) I was up and lively as I drove into the Arboretum / Ponhatan Lake trails along Bent Creek in Asheville. I remembered this spot from a time earlier. Having gotten lost last visit, I decided I would keep this run to "out and backs" to make sure I avoided being lost again.

The first trail lead me up a mountain, where I climbed 20 mintues before turning arounud to come back down. I approached a summit, not sure it was THE summit, but set off back feeling pretty good about the climb where I kept the pace easy and light.

Approaching the bottom in a cumulative time of approximatley 35 minutes, I decided to set off and run a lap around the lake to bring me to a close in the mid 40's - time wise.

Again, the setting was awesome, weather perfect, and the trails were a treat. Sure makes me miss what I had every day when I was running for Appalachian State University!

Miles: > 6
Time: 46.20
Pace: 7:45-50ish

No comments:

Post a Comment