Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Checking out the first day of the 100x5k

After duties and obligations, I was able to sneak off to the PDS track late in the afternoon during the middle of the rain clouds overhead. Having only run 2 days prior in the week, and with my leg of the race coming up - I sided to stay easy and short, rather than make up for lost time to stack my weekly miles. I found Jordan and Meagan under a tent on the infield with a stack of Karhu running shoes, free to sample for a run. I opted to slip on the lime green Fast 2.



Went out towards Landsdown and jogged through that neighborhood and back for a total of about 3.5 miles.

With the Relay in the 10th and 11th hour, I was able to watch a couple notable performances. Alana Hadley (1709), Caitlin Chrisman (1725), and Jason Martin (18??).

Miles: 3.5+
Time: 27.30
Pace: 7.40

4 comments:

  1. what did you think of the Karhu's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked them! They were light, comfortable - and how can you not like the colors! Seeing as they are trainers, I'm hesitant to move from the reliable injury free Pegs I've been accustomed too - but I'm definitely looking to check out some Karhu flats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey thanks for the feedback on the karhus! glad you liked them. if you're interested in the flats, they can be found at inside out sports and charlotte running co. i am also doing a wear test run at inside out on the 9th and should have a replenished set of shoes that includes some flats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good deal thanks bud...yeah I ordered a pair of the Karhu Forward Fulcrum Ride trainers (2010 model) for closeout on Amazon and thy are taking some getting used to. Like you hard to get away from the ole faithfuls. Hope all is well my friend!

    ReplyDelete