Total Pageviews

Friday, March 18, 2011

trip down memory lane (ASU XC Archives)

With the Shamrock 4 miler tomorrow, I started wondering what my one and only result was for a 4 mile race. In 2004, my JR. year at AppState, we hosted the last regular season cross country meet our team would race, before going into the Southern Conference Championships down in Greenville, SC.

That season was my last season running for App State. I quit right before Indoor Track started that winter. In Cross Country, the top 9 runners for the team make the squad to run at the Conference Meet, and in my Freshmen and Sophomore year I had just missed the cut, as I was the 10th man on the team. However my JR. year I held on to the 9th spot on the team and ended up representing App. State at the conference meet.

Back to the 4 miler, I was able to uncover a website with the results from that race back in 2004. HERE IS THE LINK. A respectable 5:20 pace.

Of course, I started looking up all these other results from my collegiate cross country days.

+ My 8k Personal Record

+ Freshmen Year (2002) XC

+ Sophomore Year (2003) XC

I don't really know what to expect tomorrow, but it would feel successful if I can get under 23 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment