Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Northern Alabama

Specifically, Florence. I'm sure you have heard of Muscle Shoals. Well it's a tri-cities type deal...no, make that 4 cities (Tuccombia, Sheffeild, Florence, Muscle Shoals). Anyway, after I checked into the Hampton Inn in Florence, I set out for a run to take up around 45 mins.

Since i've been here before, and ran here before, I thought I'd go back to familiar ground - the park along the river....but it was flooded. so I ran along the water as best I could, and headed back up to the hotel and kept going. Ended up at University of North Alabama campus, and it was very pretty. The buildings were beautiful, and the homes were historic around those parts.

Got back, ordered a hawaiian chicken papa johns pizza, watched the heat lakers game, and then headed to the bar. DPs in Sheffield. Neighboring town. To my friends delight, i met Jason Isbell of current independent fame, and former Drive By Truckers Fame. He was at DP's Classic Grill, where I was instructed to go and scoop out. Anyway, the bartender introduced us - we bought each other shots, played pool and generally hung out, so it was a cool night. For sure.

Miles: 6
Time: 45.19
Pace 7.30

CHECK HIM OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment