Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

out n back...feeling good

why does map my run always seem to get me excited with my pace, but when I run with someone who has a garmin, it seems to never be as far as I thought? Well, today I was pumped up to run, after having ate well all throughout the day and taking Monday off. I felt like I was going to feel good, so I decided to run a new route to keep it fresh. I wanted to keep it pretty direct, so I exited my neighborhood and got on archdale as soon as I could, and took that almost all the way to the Park Rd. intersection, but I decided to take a quick right and cut off the corner through the neighborhood - before quickly being dumped back onto Park heading South. Once I hit 20 minutes - which was right at the Seth Thomas street - I turned around, and hoped I would finish a little faster without too much effort.

Running on busy streets in my mind seems to feel fast, but whether the pace really is I'm not so sure. The cars flying by I think gives it that illusion. Anyway, I finished 18 seconds quicker coming back, and called it a success. Did some strides (4x100m) afterwards.

Distance (take with a grain of salt, but mapmyrun has it as this): 5.6
Time: 39:42
Pace: 7:05

No comments:

Post a Comment