Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Discovering the Changes for the Boston Marathon

Although the registration process officially changed last month, I just now stumbled upon the news. I was not expecting the change to impact me personally, as I attempt to register for the 2012 race, so this comes as somewhat of a surprise. A surprise that is met with a little bit of anxiety.

Here is theLink for the official process going forward.

I believe that currently 3:10:59 will get you into Boston, so I am pretty sure that my 3:00.40 qualifies as 10 mins or faster...which would put me in the 2nd tier registration window. If that is indeed the case, then I am more confident that I will be able to get in.

I hope my time is quick enough for this new system of entry, but I can't be sure - seeing how last year filled up in 8 hours! That tells me there are a LOT of qualifying runners out there.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, and if any reader out there can help me be more certain that my 3:00.40 would be good enough for the '10 mins or greater rule' - please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment