Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

McMullen Creek submerged

Decided to drive to McMullen to change it up for the weeks final run. Needed a change of scenery. As it had been raining all day, when I got to the park around 5, the rain had stopped but there was hardly anyone out. It was cloudy and cool, so I ran in a long sleeve t and was comfortable. About a quarter into my run, the clouds gave way to briliant blue sky, with a crispness in the air. The trail was very peaceful and pretty...and soaked. About 2 miles in, I came to my first obstacle - a flooded stretch that I did not want to forge. I improvised and cut up a backyard onto a nearby street and ran back down a yard a few hundred meters later back to the other side of the trail. Kept going and noticed another underwater stretch but could tell it was not that deep. Did my best "walking on water" technique by sprinting across to try and minimize the drenching, and got through and kept running. About 3.5 miles out I finally was stopped by a stretch too deep to cross, and nowhere to go around. So I turned around, wet shoes and all, and headed back to the start. I tacked on another mile or so to call it 8 for the day.

Miles: 8
Time: 59.17
Pace 7.25

No comments:

Post a Comment