Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 30, 2011

CPCC Skyline 5k

I'm uninspired to really talk about this race, but I know I would value at least a few comments on how I felt and my splits, when I look back.

18.37 (1 second slower than Cupid Cup 5k in mid Feb.)
Splits: 5.49, 6.00, 6.11, .35

Reflections: Mile 1 started off fine. Not too fast like Cupid Cup, and not too slow. Just right. First mile was uphill, but I didn't feel too bad. Second mile I seemed to fall off, and people started to pass me. I thought, let them go, save it for the end. I also got a stich in my side. When people were passing me I didn't put up a fight. Third mile I wasn't able to turn it on, and just trying to hold pace became tough. Despite the downhill mile, I never was able to quicken the pace. Last 200m I had a nice kick, and felt like I was pretty fresh.

Overall, I would say that I just was not tough on this. I wasn't prepared for the race mentally, and physically it was just a bad day. I felt like I had so much left at the end because my legs were not tired and I was fine. I know I didn't race it like a 5k. I let my foot off the gas on the first mile, and you just can't do that. Obviously it's disapointing because I have put in consistant work since Feb. What I am taking away from this is that I need to keep on my training, not get hung up on just a bad day, and to approach a 5k with a more aggressive "over-before you know it" type attitude. Can't sit and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment