Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

3x2 miles

Warmed up about 11 minutes, and then started the first repeat from the Sardis lot at McAlpine. Goal was take it out in 630 the first mile and maybe just a little quicker the second mile. We saw Mitchell running about 800 meters into the first repeat, and he joined in. After starting out a little quick, we gauged our pace and found our pace. It felt comfortable and not too bad, and after getting a little slow about a mile and a half in, was able to pick it back up and finish on target for the first set. Rested 2 minutes, and then went off on the second repeat from the Start Line of the course heading to Margaret Wallace Rd (and then back). Still felt pretty good the second repeat, and pulled away a little bit from the group of David, and Oelz, finishing quicker than the first set. Rested 2 minutes from when I finished then started the last set out in front, heading back to the Sardis lot. Wanted to go around 6.10 the first mile and sub 6 the last mile for this third set. Came through the first half in 3.04, and thouoght I was holding pace, until I realized I was slowing down and hit 6.16. Once I had a mile to go, I realized I was feeling pretty dead, and wasn't going to be able to do what I wanted. Tried to hold on, but I knew I was slowing, and with about 400 meters to go, I got up on my toes and was able to kick it in.

12.50(6.30,6.20), 12.30(6.20,6.10),12.52(6.16, 6.36) ((6.24 ppm for 6 miles))

Here is acomparison from the last time I did this workout (although it was on the track).

Cooled down for about 10 more minutes and called it a day.

Miles for the day: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment