Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 24, 2010

'Night Moves'

Almost scraped the run for the day, but around 6 I finally had enough laying around and being tired, and left my house for a run. My plan of doing 17 was definitly out the window - so I was just trying to salvage something. Really didn't plan out what to do until I left home, then decided to do the 8 mile loop in Huntington Farms. I noticed my pace was not too slow and that I felt relatively good. Came through mile on in 7.35, and decided to just maintain. After I completed the loop, I decided to tack on another mile. Here, I started opening up my stride and ran some quick surges.

Let me also back up and say, that I took a Cliff Shot Block(gummy with caffeine) before, and during my run. Consumed one piece right before I left, and then had another after 20 mins, and my last one after 40 mins. As I noticed that I was feeling better as the miles clicked off, I realized how great these things are. The first time I had them was at the Lungstrong 15k, and they kept me going and lifted me to well under my goal time.

So, after 9 miles I was still feeling good and decided to tack on one more mile. Kept this mile kind of quick as well, and when I finished 10 I really was disapointed that I couldn't keep going. I don't know if I really wanted to do 7 more miles, but I think I could have added 2-3 more with no problem. Still, it was a good run, and I didn't have the time to keep going as I was meeting Katie and Kristen for dinner.

Miles: 10
Time: 1.14
Pace: 7.24

No comments:

Post a Comment