Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

executed as planned

Wasn't sure what times, or splits, I was to try and aim for during this 8 mile tempo. I did know that we were running an out and back (Sardis to Harris), and that the course was well marked and fast, so I thought I could probably negative split (come back faster) after the turnaround. I threw out 645-7 for the first 4, then 630-15 the second 4. I was happy I was able to do a little better than this. I felt strong, aerboically and in my legs. I felt like I was really pushing myself as hard as I could - but the splits will show that I just don't have much speed right now. I can hold a solid pace, but I can't get under 6 min. Not complaining about the workout at all - it was just what I needed at this phase. However, I can tell that a couple workouts designed to get more turnover and higher intensity, albeit with less duration, would help me be able to shift into that other gear. (Not that I am planning on going sub 6 for any miles during the marathon, but pushing my body faster and harder in some workouts in the future, will make 6:02 not feel like an all out sprint - thus making 645-7 feel even easier/slower, etc.)

Splits: 6.37, 6.39, 6.45, 6.42, 6.20, 6.15, 6.13, 6.02 (51.37)

Including warm up and cool down, I talleyd 9.5 miles for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment