Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

power in numbers

Coley, David, Oelz and I ran from my house and did the 8 mile loop that I normally do: Montclair, Archdale, H-town farms, greenway, park rd, and back. Started off around 7:30 pace, and everyone was conversing and the run was really going well. The distance seemed to go faster running with company, and it was fun we could all get together. Coley is coming around in great shape, despite some shin splint pains (although that did give him the excuse to get a leg sleeve!). I dont think he was planning on doing 8 miles, so when he asked what was the short way home - I had to tell him we basically were in a circle and I couldn't help him out.

Didn't get a lot of sleep the last couple of nights, so I eat a Cliff shot before the run and had one about 20 mins into it. Coley said he was hungry so I gave him my other gummie.

About 4 miles into the run, Dave and I started putting a little space between Oelz and Coley, and up the tempo for the second half of the run. I think those caffenated chews really get me going. Coley noticed it too that he picked it up the last little bit too.

Splits: 7:29, 7:47, 7:22, 7:35, 7:23, 7:24, 7:10, 7:06.

I added on one more mile for 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment