Total Pageviews

Monday, June 6, 2011

back at it...again!

Okay so in the last 2 weeks I have run 4 times (twice per week) with a total of 18 miles (4+5 and 4+5). Talk about a rest period. Since late Jan. I have been running approx 4 days a week on average with about 25 miles per week. So it's been a pretty good base. With the lack of running lately, I'm chalking it up to my mid season taper, so I can gear up and get some faster times in the second half of the races left on the schedule for the year. I'd like to start getting the mileage quicker on the run, and cut back just a tad too, with an increase on speed work. Instead of 6-8 miles I'd like to run 4-6 miles, but drop the pace. And instead of mile repeats or fartleks, I'd like to drop the interval and get some turnover. We'll see how it goes.

Anyrate, today's run felt awesome. It was in the 90's again, so another hot day, but my legs sure were fresh. My breathing felt good and relaxed too. I went out in just under mid 7 pace and dropped it under 7 almost the rest of the run. Just was able to power through with ease.

Miles: 5
Time: 35.25
Pace: 7.05

No comments:

Post a Comment