Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

texas+heat+track

from my hampton inn off the highway, I chose to run south and catch the next road that would take me somewhere away from the busy freeway I was near for the first .75miles of the run. I turned east, and about a mile and a half in, i saw a school. I turned in and found some athletic fields and started to look for a track, when i then saw the football goalposts. aha! I made my way onto the track, and once I stepped on I noticed i was almost 2 miles into the run, so i did a lap then paused my iphone once i was at 2 miles. after a 10 second rest, where i looked at my split and noticed i averaged 6.45 pace for those miles, i decided to get on with the run and do something quick on the track....i went out and clicked off a mile - thinking that would be it, in 6.15, and decided on that 4th lap that I would rather try and hold that for another mile than rest and start up for another interval. I was able to stay focused and clicked another 6.15. i paused for 1 min to get some water, and then jogged back to the hotel. Since my first 4 miles were pretty quick, even though i was slower, overall my pace stayed pretty solid for the 6 miles.

MIles: 6
(2 at 645, 2 at 615, 2 slower)
time: 39:51
Pace: 6.39

No comments:

Post a Comment