Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 31, 2010

20

Miles: 20
Time: 2.47.01
Pace: 8.21

this was the height of my distance training for this marathon. wanted to complete the task and not worry about time. This was a slow pace which was compounded with the snow and slush I had to run through, making the shoes heavy and footing hard to manage. Yet, I completed the assignment, and feel a good sense of accomplishment.

ran 4 miles to David's house, grabbed an ibuprofen, and did 12 with him. Consumed a power/energy gel after 12 miles and gulped it down with some snow. After we got back to his house, where I was at 16 miles, I grabbed a sip of water and shedded my running pants, one of the two longsleeve shirts, gloves and headband. The reduction in weight felt good those last 4 miles, but the chill did not.

The toughest miles were from 15-19, the last mile I actually felt a little better (probably cuz I knew I was almost done). I believe that when race days comes I'll be able to finish, and that my pace should be a little faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment