Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 23, 2010

knockin it out with authority

Miles: 13
Time: 1:39:32
Pace: 7:37

With the deliberate restraint on 13, and the intentional ease on 1, the pace was quicker than any long run this year, as well as many average day runs. The legs felt good, and the breathing is still fine, but the only card I had to deal with today was feeling heavy. Not a surprise however, grubbing at Owens later than planned forced the stomach to stay stretched going into the run. Maybe if I had longer time after I ate until I ran, I could have clipped off a pace in the low 7:20's. Oh well.

Good news is, the knee didn't bother me in the beginning and was not even bothersome except for a slight discomfort in the middle of the run. Hopefully it's healing, whatever it was. Also good news: I get to take on the highlighted training run, the 20 mile long run, in one week.

Thanks to Larry Sprinkle errr David Brinkley for giving me the heads up on the weather forcast this weekend, and saving a likely soaked run had we gone along with routine and gone tomorrow. Now I can stay on the couch longer while it rains, and watch the NFL Championship games.

Swami sez: Colts 31 Jets 23, Saints 28 Vikings 27 (I Hope I'm wrong about the Saint's game.)

No comments:

Post a Comment