Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

naturally faster run

Miles: 6.8
Time: 46:35
Pace: 6:51

Probably a culmanation of having a time crunch, excitement of the Bobcats game, and the music and stopwatch accompanying me on my run made for a quicker pace. I decided to run the Madison Park out-and-back, and run with my blackberry pandora tunes. I was needing some motivation, and it helped. First couple of miles I was around 7:05 pace, and when I turned around at 3.4 miles, I was at 23:45. (6:59 pace). Obviously I was moving along faster than I normally do at my 7:30 standard pace, but it didn't feel bad, and I wanted to negative split coming home. I decided to keep the pace and try and close faster, but not to push myself to where I felt like I was withdrawing more than I was depositing, from a training standpoint. I ran the second half of the run ("back"), 22:50, faster than I did on the "out", and closed at 6:42 pace. The run did not feel uncomfortable, and I was happy I was able to have a quality run. I think it was just a product of training, and the legs having a good day.

Also, I'm liking the days starting to get noticably longer!



Oh yea, Bobcats (17-19) won - beat the Rockets. They've won 5 out of 6, and no one is going to the games, still.

No comments:

Post a Comment